Trainees (which Tyler refers to as space monkeys) must first pass a test where they are left standing on the front porch of the Paper Street House being constantly belittled and told to leave. If they hold for 3 days without food or shelter they are then allowed to stay at the house and train as a member of Project Mayhem.
- Two pairs of black shirts.
- Two pairs of black pants
- One pair of combat boots.
- Two pairs of black socks.
- One black jacket.
- $300 personal burial money.
Structure and CommiteesEdit
Project Mayhem is organized in a structure of different commitees which are listed below:
- Arson Committee - meets on Mondays
- Assault Committee - meets on Tuesdays
- Mischief Committee - meets on Wednesdays
- Misinformation Committee - meets on Thursdays
A separate part of the project which involves a member threatening a complete stranger into achieving the goals he set out to accomplish. One example is when Tyler himself threatened Raymond K Hessel into working his way into being a vet. It is implied through the many licenses on Tyler's door that he or other members have done the same to many people. . . .
- 1st rule: You do not ask questions.
- 2nd rule: YOU DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS.
- 3rd rule: No Excuses.
- 4th rule: No lies.
- 5th rule: Trust in Tyler Durden